Full-Time | Main Campus
Serves as the chief academic officer of Oakland City University and is responsible for its academic programs (undergraduate and graduate). The Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs provides leadership to the faculty in the teaching, research, and university service functions. The Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs reports to the President, is a member of The President’s Cabinet, and an ex-officio member of faculty committees.
Doctorate, Administrative Experience
- Establish academic goals and develop plans and policies for their achievement, with appropriate faculty participation.
- Implement and interpret academic policy and programs for our Main campus, Non-Traditional, and Contract Educational enterprises.
- Lead and direct curriculum improvement and assessment.
- Oversee academic personnel matters, including the annual evaluations of faculty and Deans of the respective schools, the hiring of new faculty, promotions, retention, tenure, and recurrent informal personnel matters.
- Allocate resources, including budget preparation and control with the input of schools to achieve program goals. Work with Deans to ensure up-to-date technological infrastructure for academic delivery.
- Administer the Office of Academic Affairs which includes the management and oversight of the Registrar Office, Deans Council, learning management system and online/hybrid learning, assessment/institutional research functions, and correspondence program.
- Work with library personnel to review the strategic development of library services to maintain the most up-to-date delivery of services.
- Oversees processes relating to the accreditation of university programs for regional and programs accreditation.
- Certify graduates for certificates and degrees.
- Serves as liaison with accrediting agencies.
- Complete any other assigned duties by the President or the Board of Trustees
Starting Salary: $ 120,000.00 – $ 150,000.00
Apply at https://www.oak.edu/jobs/ocu-employment-application/
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Doctoral
Experience Level : Executive