Full-Time | Main Campus
The Athletic Trainer will work in coordination with the Director of Athletics to provide medical care for intercollegiate student-athletes. The position will require weekly afternoon, evening, and weekend hours.
MS degree; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to Athletic Training; specialized training required Certified Athletic Trainer. Must have athletic trainer license through the State of Indiana.
- Direct coverage of intercollegiate athletic contests, intercollegiate athletic team practices, and general athletic training room activities.
- Keep records for injury evaluations, therapeutic treatments provided, physician referrals, and any incidents occurring during qualifying incidents.
- Develop, implement and maintain overall sports medicine program for the University, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student-athletes and athletic staff.
- Perform duties with professionalism, which includes relating to others in a courteous, cooperative, sensitive and congenial manner.
- Maintain the confidentiality of athletic training room records and university information by following HIPPA and FERPA procedures.
- Practice OSHA and OCU Guidelines for Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control.
- Perform other duties to assist the department of athletics.
- Provide emergency care for all student-athletes and athletic staff personnel and coordinate an Emergency Action Plan in the event of an emergency situation occurring during athletic events.
- Responsible for the formation of the University’s athletic training staff, including training and supervision of assistant/associate athletic trainers. Hiring for the Athletic training staff should be completed in collaboration with the VP for Administration.
- Assist Athletic Director and Business Manager in the development of the athletic medical program budget.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the athletic medical program.
- This position will require travel and weekly afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
Apply at https://www.oak.edu/jobs/ocu-employment-application/
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : General